I don’t know if Bruno Mars’ “The Lazy Song” is your anthem, you’ve had one long a** week, or you just need a minute as it is your inherent right to take, but here are some mildly life-changing ideas for you…
- Buy a onesie. Ignore the mockery, wear your unicorn proudly, and relish in the one-piece coziness.
- Light a candle. Seriously this little cylinder of wax makes all the difference. Light lavender, chamomile, vanilla, or a combination, close your eyes, and it all just slowwwws down. Tip: Diptyque Baies is steep but you’ll be transported to a French spa with roses… in your room. Inhale, exhale.
- Watch a marathon of your favorite show. Instant endorphin kick whenever there’s a rainy day/night and my Law & Order SVU is ready to be binged. Liv & Elliot FTW.
- Watch your favorite childhood movie. Escape in the nostalgia for those warm, fuzzy feelings of innocent youth. Even better when watched alongside those with which originally watched. I’d like to say hi to my sister Lily & our Parent Trap!
- No pants. Honestly, the freedom that comes with it is unparalleled. Don’t question it.
- Be alone. Seriously undervalued & underpracticed. Be alone with yourself with no one to answer to.
- Pig out. Ice cream, candy, Mac n Cheese, whatever your little giddy heart desires. Next level is baking for extra cozy (check out the best choc chip cookie recipe, but from the box or break n’ bake does the trick too!), or just eating straight up dough/batter like a Boss. Bonus points for eating in your bed while doing #3 or #4.
- Shut off your phone. Little known gem I started practicing at the urging of my girl Jordyn. The freedom comes close to no pants. Also, you will realize the shocking number of times a day/hour/minute you reach to check your phone.
- Paint. I know, I know, it requires some minimal effort, but honestly just playing with a little canvas and acrylic paints in colors your fingers reach for makes a delightful day. Easy, just put brush to canvas and see what comes. The final product could not matter less, and you will feel artsy and immensely released.
- Stay in bed all day. Or the couch. Doesn’t matter. Get a good blanket and snuggle in. Actually, this is basically a requirement.
Please do take this time for yourself. So many people don’t take the time to shut their brains off and just enjoy the lazy pleasures, but we all need the time to recharge.
Also, report back with any new ideas. Always ready for revelations in relaxation!