Been on a bit of an oatmeal with almonds and berries kick lately (just so homey!), but I’m writing this post while devouring my trusty 3-ingredient pancakes I whipped up for this week. Now for this yummy dish…
For a meal with a true summer feel, I look to my zoodles. Oh, zoodles. So quick, so easy, so delicious. Zucchini noodles are a staple in my meal rotation, and I love them sautéed with just olive oil, salt and pepper. I know it sounds too simple, but it’s amazing. Being a light vegetable, I usually pair them with fish- typically pan-seared salmon. This round, I used a fresh Roma tomato and gave it an Italian twist. Perfect for when you want something as light as the outside is hot.
Enjoy your fresh, Italian summer eats!
- Package zucchini noodles
- Garlic clove, 1/2, minced
- Lemon, 1/4
- Italian herbs (seasoning or fresh)
- Cod Fillet
- Heat large saucepan on medium with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Dice Roma tomato (doesn’t need to be too small as it will spread as it cooks) and mince garlic. Chop or rip up some soft greens (nothing tough, like kale).
- Sautée the garlic, greens, and add the tomatoes after a few minutes.
- When fragrant and greens wilted, add the zucchini noodles. Mix with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Sautée about 10-15 minutes and stir every few minutes, until zoodles softened.
- While zoodles cook, heat about 2 teaspoons olive oil in medium pan over medium-high heat. Pat cod fillets dry and season both sides with salt, pepper, and Italian spices. When pan is hot, add cod to pan skin side down. Sear 3-5 minutes. Flip, and sear 3 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.
- Plate your dish and squeeze fresh lemon over top, garnishing with fresh herbs, if you have them.